We play a vital role in helping Australian farmers and fishers adopt research outcomes, innovation and change to keep their business profitable. supports this important work.
In 2016, AgriFutures Australia completed a project called Consolidating Targeted and Practical Extension for Australian Farmers and Fishers, which started a much-needed national conversation about the future of extension.
The project aimed to:
- Provide Australian agricultural extension services with greater national coordination and leadership
- Reverse some of the drivers of fragmentation of extension activities to realise greater productivity gains
- Build on the previous extension and capacity building work of AgriFutures Australia
- Identify practical and achievable actions that will lead to improvements to extension systems
- Help meet future demands and opportunities in primary industries.
币游注册One of the key project deliverables was practical extension information designed to support extension professionals as they plan and deliver information to Australian producers.
币游注册 consolidates and organises existing knowledge, tools and resources in an accessible way so that they can easily be used to inform the design and implementation of extension by public and private providers. An Extension Community of Practice is housed on the site.
币游注册Communities of Practice on crop diseases and crop nutrition are also housed on the site.
This project is supported by funding from the Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources as part of its Rural R&D for Profit program.
Grant funding: $815,000
AgriFutures Australia: $600,000
In-kind contributions: $300,000
Total project resources: $1,715,000
AgriFutures Australia developed in partnership with the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources and the Grains Research and Development Corporation.